The apartment is silent this morning. The apartment is currently Buddy-less. (Buddy Free?) The Hound is having a one day staycation with our vet at Ballston Animal Hospital so he can get a little more wound care.
It looks like we’re going to avoid stitches and staples to close his wound so that’s good news! We just have to be patient and wait for his body to do its thing.
After being in the apartment
around the clock a lot and constantly with the dog for the past week and a half, it feels kind of like freedom to be by myself. But, I’m working so I can’t go anywhere and, really, I’d rather have my little dog around. He’s such a sweetie and I’m already looking forward to getting him back from the vet this afternoon for some pets and TLC. He has been a lot of work and a lot of worry over the past 10 or so days, but I would do it all again and will continue to do it.
So, since I’m getting a little taste of “reduced” hound care, here’s a few things I’d like to do when Buddy is healthy and healed enough to be left on his own again:
- Go for a run with Hubs
- Truckeroo (gathering of delicious food trucks)
- Happy Hour here, here, or here. (Or, anywhere really!)
- Dinner at The Cajun Experience, Graffiato, and Lincoln.
- DC Restaurant Week! and Alexandria Restaurant Week
- A visit to Eastern Market and Alexandria’s Farmers Market
- The last Harry Potter Movie (sad!)
- Another race (or two) before the Half
- Dinner/drinks with my various groups of girlfriends
- Go to a National’s Game (I swear, beer and hot dogs taste best at sporting events)
- Grill out by the Potomac (Belle Haven Marina anyone?)
- Maryland’s Renaissance Festival
- DC Beer Week
Clearly, a lot of this revolves around eating. Maybe because I’m hungry? 🙂 I think it’s time for some lunch. Today features a recreation of yesterday’s lunch: SlowCooker Red Beans and Rice mixed with Mmm sauce to chill out the spice a little. The result is creamy and DELICIOUS!
Happy Friday Everyone!